Get involved and support the only organization dedicated to supporting local businesses, increasing tourism and supporting local community and is the central hub for information regarding Joshua Tree. To become a member you begin by registering through our online member directory.
Here are the basic steps that you will go though:
- Click ‘Become a Member’
- Choose membership level ( individual member) ( non Profit) Business 1-5 emp) Business greater than 5 members) (Corporation0
- Register a new account (if you get a ‘not acceptable’ error, just refresh the page and it should work)
- Pick a name you will remember…related to your listing
- Pick a email that you can readily retrieve while you are completing the rest of the steps
- Check email for password
- Log in, click ‘Become a Member’ link and create your listing
- Wait for listing approval (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you registered)
- Pay Invoice Paypal will permit you to use Visa. Master or other cards without becoming a Paypal Member
If you are an existing member, you won’t need to pay anything. We will approve your listing as paid when we see that you’ve created one. In the future for renewals, you will be able to pay through PayPal using a credit card or you can still mail or drop off a check.
Before you create your listing, you will need:
- Listing title / business name
- Detailed description of your business
- Short summary of your business
- Address, phone number, email
- Up to 5 images. A logo is recommended. No bigger than 1000 pixels.
- Link to a video
This is the main directory page: http://joshuatreechamber.org/member-directory/
Click on ‘Become a Member’ to get started. Go through the steps and send us an email to email@example.com to let us know you are waiting for approval.
Ongoing Projects, Past Projects and Events
- Promotion of local tourism to increase visitor spending in our community
- Producing the 2nd Saturdays Downtown Nights event
- Printing downtown map and guide brochure
- Monthly mixers for business networking opportunities
- Collaboration with neighboring communities, Chambers of Commerce and County government to promote regional tourism
- Turtle Island beautification project
- Annual Holiday Market
- E-waste collection events
- Producing a weekly newsletter of member events, Member of the Month and advertising opportunities
- Getting your message to customers through our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds
- Provide free business education
What You Get
- Business promotion through our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds
- Promotion through our weekly e-newsletter
- Discounted advertising through our printed collateral
- Promotion at Chamber events and mixers
- Rapid referrals from phone inquiries to Chamber
- Free business development assistance
- Networking and event participation opportunities
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the Joshua Tree Chamber of Commerce shows your commitment and support of the chamber’s mission to improve the community and local economy. In return, we want to help and facilitate your business goals and offer many benefits to thank you for that support. We are governed by a voluntary board composed of interested Chamber members who are always open to suggestions and input from the general membership.
We are partnering with Copper Mountain College for free professional business mentoring services for small business, so there are co-sponsored regional educational programs available to help grow your business and personal interests. We promote Second Saturdays for Downtown Merchants. Conduct civic projects such created and distributes a free Map of Downtown businesses , Entry Signage on either end of the town, and the Turtle Island Beautification project Your business promoted daily on our Website.
We also want to facilitate the creation of Downtown Business and Vacation Rentals associations as part of the Chamber
PROMOTION ON THE CHAMBER WEBSITE
Our website is currently logging more than 4,500 individual visitors per month. Your complete business listing will be hosted on our website, including a link to your website and contact information. We have staff to assist you in creating a tasteful presentation of yourself, your art or your business.
New businesses are welcomed into the community by a chamber-sponsored ribbon-cutting event at your business. We use social media to announce your ribbon cutting, and send a photo of the event along with your business information to our local newspaper for publication.
WEEKLY AND MONTHLY ONLINE NEWSLETTER
Stay connected to your community and its visitors via our weekly E-news and monthly online newsletter. Our newsletters get delivered to more than 740 inboxes with a 30 % click thru each Friday, before weekend shopping and the heightened influx of visitors. And it’s easy to send an email to the chamber with your events and sales promotions to be included. The monthly newsletter also promotes important local dates, events and upcoming chamber activities, plus it contains pertinent information for local businesses from the county. These newsletters offer valuable opportunities to highlight your business with advertisements at a very reasonable rate.
REGULAR MIXERS AND NETWORKING
We conduct mixers hosted and sponsored by one or more of your fellow chamber members. These gatherings of business owners, managers, and locally active residents create a unique opportunity to grow and promote your businesses right here.
We can help you draft, take pictures and send press releases to the local newspapers and radio station, as well as public service announcements to the chamber membership.
Your chamber receives many inquiries every month from locals and out-of-town visitors wishing to do business with chamber members. We promote your business and events by distributing your information via email, through our website and newsletters, walk-in and telephone inquiries. We can also conduct direct mailings to our members and eNews contacts at reasonable rates
REPRESENTATION TO COUNTY AND LOCAL AGENCIES
The chamber is your advocate to local, county and state representatives for issues that affect your business and your community, especially as these relate to tourism and the economy. Our affiliations include Joshua Tree National Park, The Joshua Tree Gateway Communities, the Morongo Basin Municipal Advisory Council and the Joshua Basin Water District.
SPONSORSHIP AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The chamber offers special advertising opportunities for sponsors of chamber events. And volunteering to help the chamber with various mixers, fundraisers and special events creates an opportunity to better know and serve your neighbors and fellow chamber members, and deepen your commitment to the growth and future of your business and our community. Participate in our Holiday Markets, mixers and special events.
Refer a new signing member and receive credit toward your next membership renewal, or additional promotion of your business.
MEMBER OF THE MONTH
Finally, a member is randomly selected and highlighted in the chambers newsletters, chamber website and Facebook page. This is a bonus opportunity for a member to announce a special promotion or event. Contact our Executive Director at the time of your new or renewing membership if you are interested in being our monthly “star.”
Our meetings are open – please feel free to join us. We meet at 8:00 AM on the third Weds of every month. Please call on the Tuesday before to see what’s on this month’s agenda.